I found that many artist and hobbyist often don’t take enough precaution to prevent health issues when working with art supplies putting their bare hands into toxic paint, spraying varnish without using a mask and so on.
I you are one of these artist or hobbyist, I beg you to take care of you health and read the labels carefully as well as the security sheet written by the manufacturer of the products you work with.
To help you do this and learn more about how you may protect not only you but also the environment, I selected a few links for you. Here they are…
Links to manufacturer’s safety data sheet and information
- Aquarelle Daniel Smith (pdf)
- Aquarelle Holbein (pdf)
- Gouache Holbein (pdf)
- Golden Paints (index)
- Pébéo ( You need to contact them by email to get information)
- Windsor & Newton (index)
- Princeton University – Painting & Drawing – Environmental Health & Safety
- LiverSupport.com – Toxicity in arts and Crafts
- EnvironmentalDefence.ca – The Healthy Artist Guide to a Less Toxic Studio
- Artists & Illustrators – A guide to non-toxic painting
- PixelatedPalette.com – Painting Safety ; Painting Hazards
Thanks for being here and take care,